Monday, April 20, 2009

Tomorrow is A-Day

Well, this is it.  Tomorrow the fate of Andy will be decided.  Either we will be selected to become his family, or another family will be chosen.  I must accept that the people who will make this decision are experienced in this process and will put Andy's best interests first.  If we are not chosen, I hope that I may gracefully accept the news and trust that our child will come to us when the time and circumstances are right.  I ask of you, my friends, family, and blog followers, that you support me by allowing me to have whatever feelings I have, and by respecting the outcome of tomorrow's meeting.  If we are chosen, let's all rejoice together!  If we are not chosen, I know that many of you will be disappointed along with me... maybe outraged that such a spectacular family as the deLathrops would be denied a child  :) but it doesn't make this situation easier for me if I have to defend the process to others.  The process is what it is.  I did not create it and I might do it differently if it were up to me to decide, but it's not.  We have chosen this path, and we will follow it to its end.  I am asking the universe to give me a child...  and I thank each of you for your love and support.  Check in tomorrow at this time.

PS- DOTmom, please identify yourself! I have been trying to figure out who you are for months and the curiosity is killing me! Joanne...?

1 comment:

  1. Roger and I totally support you and Dave to whatever feelings you may have. This is a difficult process and only you and Dave have the right to feel what you feel. We certainly hope for the best possible outcome for you both!
    I have no idea who DOTmom is....

    -joanne

    ReplyDelete