Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not This Time

Over the last couple of days, I have been overwhelmed by the support that I've received from so many people who are thinking of us and sending their good wishes for us to be chosen as adoptive parents for Andy. Unfortunately, it is not to be. Andrea let us know this afternoon that another family had been selected. Apparently Andy has some special needs that we were unaware of, which they felt would best be met by someone who can be with him 24/7. For this reason, they chose a family that has one parent staying at home (not working.)

Of course I am sad and disappointed, but I must agree that if a full time, round the clock caregiver is needed, we are probably not the best choice for this little boy. So our file will go back to the registry and we will wait to be called for another Red File Staffing for a different child. One of the things they shared with us in our parenting class is that being part of a RFS is very good exposure- even if we aren't selected, that CPS worker may remember us and recommend us to other caseworkers or think of us the next time she has an adoptive placement. Andrea did say that the CPS caseworker liked us a lot.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I'm so sorry it didn't work out. My heart goes out to you and Dave. Obviously you know a stay at home parent is what the child needed and what they wanted and so this time it wasn't meant to be. This is probably all part of the preparation--your child is out there, he/she just isn't available yet. But, hopefully the one that is meant for you guys will come to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara,

    Heather told me about your blog and about the process you all are going through. I have a huge number of friends in Massachusetts who have adopted -- most from other countries, but not all -- and I just wanted to say how great it is that you are sharing it with people because it's not an easy journey alone. I'm glad to have found it.

    all the best,

    Alice (as in, Alice and Zack)

    ReplyDelete