A couple of posts ago, I said that I was going to do three things in preparation for becoming a mom. First, I would continue to form new friendships with adoptive parents. Dave and I have struck up a friendship with A and J, a really great couple we met through our parenting classes last year. We plan to see them this Friday. I've also reached out to a very nice person named Beth, who has a five year old son that joined her family through the foster-adoption program in Colorado. Beth and I "met" (over the phone) through a mutual friend and hopefully we'll meet in person one day. Unfortunately for scheduling purposes, she lives in Chandler and works in central Phoenix. I live in Phoenix and work in Chandler. So a lunch meeting might be rather difficult to negotiate. But I felt better having talked to her.
I also said that I would post a list of reasons why the universe will give us our child. That is now hanging in my kitchen. My mom was here for a nice visit this weekend- just in time, really- I was feeling pretty low. She and I created the sign together. It is very colorful. The reasons only take up about a third of the large (24" by 36") page. I figure I can continue to add reasons as I come up with them.
Lastly, we are in process of preparing the child's room. Dave and I cleaned out the closet. It was quite full and now is so empty. Very tempting to put stuff in there. But I shall resist. I am also considering painting an accent wall in some fun, delightful, gender neutral color. I am thinking of "New Grass Green."
And with adoption at the forefront of my focus on becoming a mom... I am also doing that famed Clomid Challenge Test this month, just to see where I stand with respect to my own reproductive capability. Based on this test, the doctor can tell me the likelihood of achieving pregnancy with ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology.) I have already been told that It is almost impossible that for me to get pregnant without ART. So I will find out the results of this test on July 9th. And then I will have to decide whether I can put myself through this again... and whether I'm feeling lucky. We shall see.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HI guys!
ReplyDeleteWell...I think you're headed in the right direction with everything. Even getting the rooms cleaned up, closets ready, paint done. It's all in a positive direction. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Roger and I dearly hope by the time we get back from Russia there will "news" that you can share! You're getting close, I feel it. If there's anything we can do to help you at all, please feel free to ask.
Can't wait for you to meet Reese and NIko, too! See you in August!