Saturday we celebrated my girl's birthday. She turned two, and despite the dire predictions about this coming year, so far, she is sweet and loving as ever. Actually, I suspect that the Threes may be more "Terrible" than the Twos. We shall see. Here she is with her giant pile of gifts from our generous friends and family.
Victoria has grown so much over the last 8 months since she has lived with us. She talks A LOT now! Most of the time, it's difficult to understand what she says. I figure it out through context and then smile modestly when people admire my translation skills. For example, while riding in the car:
Tino: Mommy, I want my window down please.
Me: Okay, lovey, I'll roll your window down until we get on the freeway. Then we have to roll it up. (I put the window down)
Victoria: I wah mah ki kow bah ooh. Mah ki kow bah, mama.
Me: You want your window down too, baby girl?
Victoria: Yeah.
(I put Victoria's window down)
My sister (who is in the front passenger seat): Wow, I never would have understood what she just said.
Me: I know, it's a special mommy skill. :)
Victoria is also beginning potty training. At this point, it is purely coincidental when she pees on the potty. Most times, she sits there for a little while and then announces, "I done." But every now and then she does pee in the potty, which is inevitably met with a huge round of applause and excitement. She also gets one M&M each time she sits on the potty, which is a huge incentive. She gets very excited and says, "Mah caw ket" (My chocolate)
Every night, when I put her to sleep in her crib, she lies down and puts her hand through the slats. I lie down on the carpet beside her and hold her little hand while she drifts off to sleep. And in the morning when she wakes up, she calls for me. "Mama! My Mama!" My heart overflows.
Happy birthday, my daughter. I love you so very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ah man!!! I haven't been on here in awhile, happy birthday to your little princess
ReplyDelete