Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

The V's came into existence for us.  Of course they existed before we knew about them... or did they?  This is one of those questions like- if a tree falls in the woods, but no one is there to hear it...

Seriously though, on January 4, 2010, I wrote about how we were selected for Red File Number 5.  I took some time to read through my old posts during that time frame when we waited, received the happy news, and began the whirlwind of activity to prepare for their arrival in our home.  It was like no time had passed at all.  I remembered my every emotion vividly.  I can't believe its been a year.

And I also went back to re-read about some of the children we were not selected to parent... Andy, Nyree, Isaiah, Juan, Kayden... and remembered the anguish of that process.  It was interesting to see some of the comments left on my blog by family and friends.

The right child is making his or her way to you...  Sooner than you think, you'll be sharing cute mommy stories... You WILL be a mother.

All completely accurate.  Not too long ago, I received a comment on one of my older blog posts from someone I don't know personally.  She thanked me for writing and told me that my words had given her hope.  I cried when I read her message and I'm so thrilled that my words might help someone.  So to anyone else out there who is going through infertility and/or the adoption wait, who longs to be a mother or father, who may be in despair, I wish you peace and I'm here to tell you that dreams really do come true.  This is what it looks like:






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Tara. I have to say this process is a roller coaster of emotions. We are now certified and waiting for a call and I already have vast fluctuations in emotions from excited and overjoyed to worried we won't be picked or I won't be as good of a mom that I want to be. Reading through your blog gives me the perspective, my feelings are normal and will fluctuate. There are ups and downs in this process. Reading how you had challenges and disappointment but ultimately reached your goal and your dreams are fulfilled helps when I am feeling blue or wondering if we will be selected. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete