We do our best to keep to a structured bedtime routine. After dinner, we have a bath and brush (and now floss!) teeth, and then we divide and conquer. I take Tino into the kids bedroom and read him a book or two, depending on how late it's getting. Then I turn off the light and rock him in the glider my mom gave me when we first got the kids. I put him in his bed and lie down on the floor next to him. I hold his hand and sing him a song, all the while in awe that this is really my life, I'm actually singing my little boy to sleep. Then I kiss him and tell him good night. If he's still awake, I tell him I love him, and lately, he responds back to me, "I love you too." Then I head out to get the girl. When I come into our bedroom, this is what I see:
They watch a television program called "Team Umizoomi," or rather, Victoria watches while Dave catches up on his sleep. Then I tell her to give Daddy a kiss and come to bed, which takes a bit of convincing. Dave is so sweet and gentle with her. He tells her, "Good night, my sweetie. Daddy loves you," and my heart melts.
Tonight while we were brushing teeth, Victoria told us, "Tino going to spend time with Mommy and I spend time with Daddy now."
We all really enjoy this part of the evening. Tino loves to read, and I love my quiet time with him. Victoria and her Daddy play peaceful games together or watch Umizoomi. Then I get to come in and watch my husband be a great Daddy. And then I get special time with my baby, as I rock her in the chair and then lie down next to her bed and hold her hand as she drifts off.
Could life get any sweeter than this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment