Wednesday, July 11, 2012

puddle-wonderful

I doubt that when e.e. cummings penned this poem, his words were inspired by Arizona in July, but rain on the 4th of July it did... and it was glorious, as rain in this searing heat always is.

And what did my little V's think of this strange phenomenon of water spilling from the clouds?

One was overjoyed because finally he would have the opportunity to make use of his new treasure, something he selected for himself and purchased with the birthday gift certificate his aunt and uncle gave him.


Yes, my son is the proud owner of a pint-sized Star Wars themed umbrella.  He marched out to the edge of the patio, intrepid explorer that he is.  And when he reached the edge, he promptly turned around and came back, loath as he was to dampen his shoes by stepping in the wet grass.  He made this trek four or five times before he decided that rainy days are cause to stay inside the house.  Look at this beaming face!


While her brother took advantage of this rare opportunity to... stay dry, little Victoria took to the streets with her Mommy so I could share with her an experience that I have always treasured.  When my sister and I were little, my mom used to let us splash in the streams of water on the quiet street in front of our house.  In my memory, the street flowed like a river.  My baby jumped and splashed and eventually just sat down in the middle of the puddle.  Even though these pictures are blurry, they make me so happy.












 Puddle-wonderful?  I think so.  


1 comment:

  1. So super cute, both of them! What a great memory now to have with both of your children! angie

    ReplyDelete