Something very unexpected, and also quite flattering, happened recently. While we were at camp with our adoption agency, a woman approached me and told me that she reads my blog. This in and of itself is not too unusual, as Dave and I are regularly invited to come back to the agency and participate in the parent panels, which are training session for the new groups of foster and adoptive parents. Each family tells their story and we often give out our contact info, including my blog address. People have said that reading about other people's experiences helps them get through the tough times themselves.
So I asked this woman, "Were you in one of the classes that we spoke in?" She looked at me blankly. It turns out, she didn't find my blog the way most people do, by meeting me and getting the address straight from the source. She just reads a lot of adoption blogs and somehow found mine. Then it was my turn to be confused. I asked, "How did you know who I was?" Apparently she recognized either me or the kids from our pictures on the blog. Kinda made me feel like a celebrity, just a little bit. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment