In light of my lengthy, rambling post from yesterday, I feel the need to clarify a couple of things.
First, the date on the post should be May 30th. I started a post a few weeks ago, never had time to finish it, and saved it as a draft. Then I came back to it last night and wasn't too impressed with what I wrote on May 9th. So I deleted everything I'd written and started over, but within the same original post. I guess it date stamped the day I originally started it. If you thought you were fully up to date on the Tara-Dave blog and got confused... never fear- you aren't crazy! Note to self- don't be a procrastinator and wait 3 weeks to finish a post.
Secondly, I do think it is important to note that I am no longer committed to the idea of having my own biological child. Yes, infertility sucks. But at this point, I just want a child... by any means I can get one! Okay, well maybe not ANY means... although I have briefly entertained the idea of having Dave steal a baby from the OctoMom, Raising Arizona style. I mean, come on... 14 kids? Really?
I did start this journey down the typical road of TTGP (trying to get pregnant) but now I am fully ready to be a parent to a child that I didn't give birth to. I flirt with the idea of TTGP only because I am so darn impatient! There was a couple in our adoption class who were simultaneously getting certified to adopt through foster care and also waiting for an adoptive placement from China. They figured they should cover all their bases. I can totally relate to this! So that is where I am today. Trying everything to achieve that wonderful status of motherhood...
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your journey is similar to ours. But, we were somewhat impatient and not trusting the "system" and changed agencies 3 times. I think you have to listen to your caseworker. She knows you guys are great candidates and soon enough you will get that "call". In the meantime, I think the stars are aligning...once you start organizing the room, stuff begins to happen. Maybe not as fast as you like, but I think you feeling you should get the room/closet ready is a good feeling that progress is coming your way.
ReplyDelete