Thursday, August 13, 2009

Denied Again

I talked to Andrea this morning and as I suspected, we were not selected to parent little Juan. She did give me somewhat of an explanation but it really made no sense to me, so I'm not even going to mention it here. There were four families in the Red File and we were the runner-up. So if the chosen family decides that Juan is not a match for them, they will call Andrea to see if we would still be interested.

On the bright side, Andrea said that our file is being pulled more often than any other family that she has represented in her three years with the agency. She feels that we have a lot to offer and that we will continue to see opportunities arise with frequency- it is just a matter of being patient until we find the right match. She said that she has one family who have only been called to one Red File in three years! I think I'd be climbing up a wall if I were in their shoes.

I wasn't heartbroken this time- disappointed, of course, but I didn't have as much time to fall in love with the idea of Juan as I did with Nyree and Isaiah. And I was encouraged by the fact that our file was pulled so soon after the last time.

Anyone want to place bets on the date I will get the next Red File call? This could be an entertaining game. I will have to come up with a prize for the winner. I am going to go with September 14th.

In other earth-shattering news, I have joined Facebook. I resisted for quite some time, thinking it would take up ridiculous amounts of time that I just don't really have right now. But so far it has been about ten minutes per day. Over the last 11 days I have acquired 61 "Friends," some of whom I haven't seen or talked to in years. It's great to find out what is going on in people's lives and I'm actually going to see one of my high school friends this weekend. I'm very excited- we haven't seen each other in ten years! If you are on Facebook, you can connect to me via the little Facebook link on the right side of this page.

Thank you all once again for the support, prayers, well wishes, and requests to the Universe on our behalf. I know s/he is out there somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Well, mega-bummer that this wasn't the time for you. Hang on to the fact that once your child finds you all will be well and you will have peace in your heart. All of these false hopes really help to prepare your heart for when you really do find your child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is key to your perfect match. I'm betting on September 7th. Lucky #7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say September 1st for the next RFS.
    Sending you love... I'll have to check you out on Facebook. MFB

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is September 28 for the call, with the RFS set for September 30. I shall request such from the Universe!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete