Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nine Years Ago Today...

I met this man:



And life as I knew it would be forever changed.

I love Dave so much. Every day when I leave for work, I smile as I lock the door behind me, knowing that at the end of the day, I will get to return home to this wonderful man. At least once during the day, I make up some excuse to call or e-mail him. And on my way home, I feel so deeply satisfied, knowing I will have several hours to be with him, just the two of us.

I am so proud of Dave. He is a champion, he is my prince, he is my best friend and the love of my life. This photograph was taken minutes after he qualified for the Boston Marathon, an accomplishment for which he worked very, very hard for several years. I love the look of triumph on his face.

I sometimes devote energy to what is missing from my life, but the truth is, as long as I have Dave, my life is full and amazing and every moment is precious. And so I'm off to climb into bed and snuggle up to my love right now, for the last 21 minutes of our day-we-met anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Dave! What an accomplishment. And congrats on celebrating a special day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! So happy for the both of you that you found each other.

    ReplyDelete