Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tino's Intro to the Big Screen

Due to a rather complicated schedule this week, we only had Tino with us tonight.  Victoria is with the abuelos.  So we decided to see how he would like going to a real movie, in the movie theatre.  We went to see "Megamind," which Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed.  Tino sat between us and was pretty mesmerized for the first hour.  Then he got a bit restless and started moving around.  We were the only people in the theatre so it wasn't really a problem when he went all the way up to the big screen and actually cast a shadow on the screen, he was so close.  At one point, he turned to Dave and said, "Daddy, I want a big TV like that for our house."

I was reminded of the Talking Heads song, "Stay Up Late."

Baby, baby, please let me hold you.  I wanna make him stay up all night.

I was having so much fun, I really didn't want to make him go to sleep.  But he has a big day ahead of him tomorrow and in the end, Responsible Mama won out over Stay Up Late Mama.  He really was delightful tonight.  Before he went to bed, he told me, "Mommy, I want to go on another adventure."  Oh, my boy, we have so many, many adventures ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment