Today I celebrated my birthday with my immediate family- husband, mom, sister, son and daughter. We had a lovely time together. Tino wanted to help his Nana with the candles on the cake. She only used five- we are long past the age where we feel compelled to use one per year of life, probably couldn't blow out that many candles anyway, and we all despise wastefulness. So five it was. No significance whatsoever. That's probably how many candles my mom had in her drawer that were all the same height. (Yes, we re-use)
Nana decided to tease Tino by saying, "Look, there are five candles because Mommy is five years old.". Tino got very excited and exclaimed, "I'm going to be five too, just like her!"
Thankfully, I was able to blow out the five candles, and my sister clapped her hands and said, "Yay! Now Mommy will get her wish!" I then realized that I had forgotten to make a wish! But really, with the many, many blessings I have in my life, what more is there to wish for?
I'm going to wrap up my evening by reading my book of letters to the Universe, which I discussed two years ago right here.
Nighty-night, my readers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment