Wednesday, September 14, 2011

MckMama Pics

I am so behind on my blogging, it is ridiculous.  And I have so many things I want to share that it's becoming overwhelming.  So I'll just eat this elephant one bite at a time.  I'm not even going to bother trying to record things in chronological order.

Through the blog world, I came across this blog, authored by a woman who calls herself MckMama.  She is a talented photographer and has five beautiful kids, all under the age of six.  I really can't say I agree with her about politics, religion, or some of her views on marriage... but I sure do love her photography, parenting tips, and amusing stories about her kids.  The funny thing about MckMama is that she has several thousand blog followers who absolutely adore her, and a whole bunch of others who hate her with a passion, so much so that they have created a separate blog dedicated to vocalizing their hatred of her.  Now mind you, the vast majority of both the lovers and the haters do not personally know this woman.  Why a mommy blogger inspires such controversy is beyond me... but I am digressing from my original point.

What is my point?  Well, MckMama (real name Jennifer) and her large family decided to spend the summer on a road trip in an RV-like set-up.  They traveled all over the country and supported themselves by Jennifer conducting professional photography shoots in various cities.  So when I heard she was coming through Phoenix, I decided to see what all the fuss was about and booked her for a photo shoot.

Surprise, surprise, she's just a normal person, doing her best to be a good wife and mom and supporting her family.  We had a nice time at the Desert Botanical Garden and the photos turned out beautifully.  Here are a few of my favorites- it was hard to choose, as there are so many great ones.


This one stole the show for most of the photo shoot...


Baby was a bit shy at first, but came out of her shell.  Jennifer was really good with the kids- not surprising, as she has five of her own.


Jennifer was shocked and overjoyed when both children complied with her request to kiss me and my sister.


Here they are with Daddy... how much longer can he pull off the two kid carry?


Amazingly, this was not posed.  It was going to be a picture of just me and Victoria, but Tino came along and spontaneously hugged me.  I love this one.


All four of us...


And this one is my favorite of all, because I think it captures their personalities so beautifully.  Sweet and just a hint of mischief.

I'll be back soon, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, such beautiful photos! It would be so nice to catch up soon. I'm trying to figure out a weekend for all of us "miracle" moms to get together with our kids, it's been so long since the last time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous family, Tara! Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos... I've been away from the computer for awhile as well. Summer with the kids at home was BUSY! and went by very fast.

    ReplyDelete