Life is pretty good, considering I'm writing this from a condo on the beach in Maui. Yes, we're on vacation! We came to Maui on Wednesday and we'll be attending Russell and Mika's wedding on Saturday. Since we are here, we figured we should also spend some time on our favorite Hawaiian island, Kauai. So we'll depart on Sunday and stay in Kauai for another 6 days. WOO HOO! The weather is a bit windy, but otherwise beautiful, and we are greatly enjoying the much-needed relaxation.
As for little Alex, he has apparently been swept up in the wave of bureaucracy. Due to some specific developmental needs, he has been transferred to another division of the DES and reassigned to a new case worker, which means that we are back to square one with him. The original case worker who requested the files for potential adoptive families returned all the files to the Central Adoption Registry. The new case worker will determine the case plan for Alex, which may or may not include our family.
So we wait... Strangely, I don't feel too much anxiety about this. I've resolved to savor every minute of our time together as a married couple without children. While I know that children will bring tremendous joy to our lives, I'm also aware that there are some very special elements of our togetherness as a couple that will be altered when the child arrives... like sleeping all night without interruption or the spontaneity of making last minute plans to go out to an R-rated movie... :) When we have children, this chapter of our lives will close- so I'm not going to spend our precious time together waiting for it to be over. Anyway, this is how I feel today. It's quite easy to savor life when just outside, the palm trees sway in the Maui breeze and the soft sand of the beach is calling to me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I couldn't agree more. Enjoy every minute of what you have together. While it will still be there when your child arrives; it will be different. Your next trip to Hawaii will be SO different. Enjoy! TTYL.
ReplyDelete