Monday, February 2, 2009

A Sad Day

The Department of Economic Security inspectors came today to complete our home inspection for our foster license.  Everything looked fine with only a couple of minor adjustments we need to make.  Our hot water is not allowed to be more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit, and it was at 126.  Yes, he actually tested it!  

Under normal circumstances, I would be happy to report this inspection was completed, but something overwhelmingly sad happened today.  When I went to my car to leave for work this morning, I found that Dante, my cat, had been hit by a car during the night and was killed.  He was lying in our driveway.  I am mourning the loss of my beloved pet of almost nine years, and also remembering how much I loved him and the happiness he brought to my life.  I have now figured out how to insert photos into a post, so I will share with you one that always brings a smile to my face.



1 comment:

  1. Hi tara,
    Just getting back to things from our trip to Montana. First of all, I'm so very excited you are both certified. I was 100% confident you both would be. And, I agree, the training and process we went through has been eye awakening and needed. I wish it was ongoing (in some ways) and am continuing to read books on the best possible ways to help our future child/children that have suffered.
    AND, I AM SO SORRY to hear about your cat! Having always had pets myself and am completely, head over heels in love with my chocolate lab, Pardo, I can't even imagine the sadness you're going through. I am so fearful of the day my little one will no longer be here. I'm sure you're just treasuring and re-living all those beautiful memories of Dante. My heart goes out to you....

    ReplyDelete