Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Yesterday was my birthday. Can you guess what I'm wishing for?

The fun started on Friday. Our accounting department at work closed the books and our whole region (Arizona, NM, and Las Vegas) finished well above our quota. It was the first time that had happened in a long time, so my boss decided to give everyone in our office the afternoon off. YAY!

Several of my girl friends from work planned a nice birthday lunch for me. We enjoyed Mexican food and I received several lovely gifts. One of them was a sculpture entitled "Angel of Hope." I opened this one and immediately started crying. My friend who gave it to me welled up too. It was an emotional moment... the first of many this weekend.

Later that afternoon, I went to visit my cousin M. She had called me that morning to see if we could get together so she could give me a birthday gift. The gift turned out to be a beautiful collection of wishes, poems, quotes, prayers, and letters to the Universe on my behalf, asking that Dave and I be blessed with the gift of a child. M read on my post from June 18th that I was assembling a list of reasons why the Universe should give us a child. She then became inspired to put in her own plea to the Universe and she enlisted many others to do the same. M printed these wishes in beautiful fonts on colored paper and created a lovely scrapbook for me. Here is a picture of the book:



And here is a picture of the poster I created that inspired the book. It is a work in progress.



This led to more tears and an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude for the many wonderful friends and family members who love and support us. I will always cherish this book, and I'll share it with my child, when he or she arrives, so that s/he will know how much s/he was wanted by so many people.

Friday night, Dave surprised me with tickets to Wicked, a truly spectacular performance. It truly lived up to all the hype. It is a traveling Broadway show and unfortunately, today is the last day here in town. If you want to catch the show, it's going to be in San Diego through August- I'd say it's worth the trip to beat the heat for a weekend and see the performance.

Saturday we went to Tucson to spend my birthday with my family. I had lunch with my dad and then we had a traditional family dinner, carrot cake (my favorite for as long as I can remember) and more presents. I showed the book to my mom and sister- they cried too. Lot of crying going on this weekend.

Today on our way back home, the Moody Blues song came on the radio, "I Know You're Out There Somewhere." This should be my anthem. I found it very uplifting and I plan to download it from iTunes right away.

Many thanks to everyone who participated in the creation of my book. Thank you for your love and support, your words of encouragement, praise, and comfort, and for taking the time to send your wishes and prayers out to the Universe on my behalf. I love you all.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday! Love you!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Tara! Danny, Zoe, callista, Nadia, Jahan and I were all sitting around the campfire at the beach when we decided to send you good energy and visualize you holding your child. I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with your blog, to be honest it is the first I have found that is relevant and worth reading! You and Dave are obviously very strong and you know..YOU KNOW that things will work out in the end...rarely on OUR time frame though...but works out in the end...remember waiting for Dave to enter your life? Wasn't it hard to have faith and trust that it would all work out? Gotta be the same right? Love you. rachel h.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we missed your b-day! I guess we were "busy". I hope you're as busy as we've been lately very soon!!!

    It sounds like you had a great b-day!

    We also saw Wicked on the 3rd. Great, huh?

    ReplyDelete