Thursday, July 2, 2009

Red File #2

Happy news couldn't have come at a better time! After a long day of meetings at work and several weeks of being rather down and depressed about the lack of activity, I got a call from Andrea today to say that we have been invited to a Red File Staffing which will take place next Wednesday, July 9th. It is for a sibling group- a 3 year old girl named Nyree and a 2 year old boy named Isaiah. Their case worker reports that they are "the easiest children she has ever worked with." I was so excited that I forgot to ask any questions. So this is all I really know. Their foster family lives in Surprise. Hopefully this is a plus for us, being sort of geographically close to them. Well, not really close per se... Surprise is way the heck out there.

This seems like a really good match for us. The children sound like they will do fine with working parents. It would be wonderful to have a boy and a girl. Isaiah will fit right in with my family- I have lots of cousins with Biblical names, including Moses, Noah, Elijah, Saul, and Isaac. Okay, maybe this is a stretch. But when you only know about 3 pieces of information about someone, it's tempting to look for connections in every small thing.

There is a part of me that cautions myself not to get too excited about this placement. After all, it could go either way. There will probably be at least 4 or 5 other families in the Red File Staffing. But it's fun to be overjoyed. So I'm not going to fight it. I invite you to be overjoyed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment