Not long after we decided to begin the adoption process, a friend of ours suggested that we should tell people that we're "expecting." Which I, of course, did not do at all, not wanting to go through the whole, "Congratulations! When is the baby due?" dialogue. But I thought her suggestion was rather amusing, and for the last five days, that's exactly what I've been doing... expecting.
I talked to Julie about some potential hand-me-down child safety stuff from her granddaughter. I picked out sample paint colors for the kids' room. I prepared a meal myself from scratch, using ingredients I already had in my home, rather than taking the easy way out and ordering in. (Okay, so it was spaghetti and store bought tomato sauce... not exactly gourmet cuisine... but it's a step in the right direction for me.) I talked to my boss about my maternity leave and some different ideas for flexible scheduling when I return- she was very supportive.
Even Dave is getting in on the fun. Yesterday he asked me how I wanted to handle the reunion trip we have planned for August (Dave's 30 year high school reunion.) Later on, I was talking about joining the YMCA to work out since it is so dang hot in the summer here, and he suggested that I should see if they have swim classes, since "the kids probably don't know how to swim." "What kids?" I asked him. "Our kids," he replied. Chills went down my spine.
One more reason why we should get these kids. I have been seeing an acupuncture doctor for a little over a year- this is supposed to improve fertility. I pay for ten sessions at a time. I went in for a session today and I told my doctor that if we get these kids, I'm done with the fertility bit and I will just finish out my last sessions that I've already paid for. She was really excited about our Red File and said she'll be sending good thoughts our way. After my session, I went to check out with the receptionist and she informed me that was the last of my ten sessions. Coincidence...?
We finished painting the living room ceiling and I decided that since all the furniture was covered in plastic and we had the paint supplies out, we might as well do an accent wall. So I painted a wall in Wild Manzanita, a lovely dark reddish brown. I am extremely pleased with the result. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'll do my best to add to the positive vibes flowing your way, so hopefully you'll have a "due date" soon! Zei
ReplyDelete