Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Putting Things in Perspective

According to the temperature gauge in my car, it was 117 degrees today. The heat just sucks the life right out of you. Driving from point A to point B usually gives you just enough time to recover from the oven you walked through between the last building you were in and the car. The car itself is its own private hell. But after that half hour of driving, your body temperature seems normal, the sweat causing your clothing to stick to your back and thighs finally seems to be a cool sort of dampness instead of a hot sauna-like feeling, and you are able to touch metal surfaces inside the car without incurring a third degree burn. And then you arrive at your destination and it's time to step out into the sun again and start all over. Thank goodness this only lasts 3 months.

I was just noticing something. We received the official notice of our certification on January 29th. From there, we waited exactly 70 days until we got the call about the first Red File staffing on April 9th. From that day, it was 74 days until the call about the Red File staffing for Isaiah and Nyree. So, by my estimation, we should receive the call for Red File #3 around September 11th, and if we aren't chosen that time, then Red File #4 on November 20th. According to this schedule, we would be called to 8 more Red Files before our certification expires. And I just can't imagine that, great as our family is, we would be passed over 10 times. There is just no way.

This may sound like funny logic, but it's actually rather comforting. My new plan is to just enjoy the next couple of months until Red File #3. As for TTGP, I think I'm done with that. And I have a lovely sense of peace about that too.

4 comments:

  1. I'm here to tell you that there is such an amazing sense of peace that came over us as soon as we decided that we were done with treatments and totally committed to adoption. Once our homestudy was approved and our profile was active, I told myself that we could expect to wait for 2 years before a placement. While I wanted it to happen sooner, I certainly couldn't expect it to. Since I expected to be waiting for so long each time we were shown to a family it was exciting, but I could be patient about it. Enjoy the peace. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking of you. Just read R & J's blog and hope to soon be reading one of yours like it too.
    Thank you for the health lesson on the previous post. It was great! Im serious about that.
    Wishing you a peaceful journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara!
    Such a great outlook on the next few months. Being positive is the best way to be. I'm trying to be positve through our transition, too, for the next few months.
    Thanks for all your wonderful, beautiful comments on our blog as we are on this exciting but tough foreign journey.
    Like Amy, I too, hope you'll be in my shoes very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara & Dave - Thank you for allowing me to be part of your world on this journey - I am very moved right now and my heart is filled with love and possibility for you both - I know you are the BEST PARENTS for the right child(ren) when it is deemed time for them to enter your life -

    But the waiting sure is a bitch!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete