Friday, July 3, 2009

Meant To Be

I can't stop thinking about Nyree and Isaiah. For some reason, this just feels so right. Our friends Roger and Joanne are on their way to Moscow today to be reunified with their children. They will complete all the formal adoption proceedings and then return home with their two children in three weeks. Joanne wrote a comment recently that she hoped we would have good news to share when they return home. And maybe we will! Their kids will be about the same ages as ours, if we are lucky enough to be chosen. We'll both have a three year old girl and a two year old boy. It would be wonderful if they can be friends.

Another friend commented that she feels some intuition that "this is it" for us. I feel that too. It's hard not to let doubt and fear creep in. Here is how I look at it: if I get my hopes up, then I may be crushed. But I would be crushed anyway, and I've already been crushed so many times these last few years. So why not enjoy my six days of joy and excitement?

Here is another reason why I believe the Universe may be fulfilling our request. We boldly strode forward on this adoption path a year ago, and every time I stray away from the path, something happens that reminds me this is meant to be. Back in April, I decided that it would be a good idea to revisit the whole fertility discussion (TTGP) and show my medical file to some new doctors in order to get a second opinion. The afternoon of our appointment with Dr. P, I was sitting in the waiting room and Dave showed up and asked me, "Have you heard from Andrea?" I had not checked my voice mail recently, and he informed me that we had been called for a Red File for Andy. My heart leapt. It sure made that consultation with Dr. P a lot more tolerable! Then we didn't get Andy and life went back to the status quo. Waiting for parenthood. I took a small hiatus from TTGP in May, but launched the famous Clomid Challenge over the last two weeks. And I've been thinking to myself every day, "Wouldn't it be funny if I got the call from Andrea, now that I'm exploring TTGP again?" Every time the phone rings, I eagerly check the caller ID, hoping this is the call. Yesterday I went to the lab for the second blood draw, which completed the Clomid Challenge test. And what do you know- I got the call later that day. So... and yes I am getting to the point here eventually... we will find out on Wednesday whether or not we are selected for Nyree and Isaiah. And Thursday we have an appointment with Dr. P. So the timing is right, it seems.

I just had a visit from a family member, Julie. They are thrilled out of their minds because they just bought an RV and they are planning all kinds of adventures traveling around the country. Julie said that when they aren't using the camper (or the truck!), they would let us borrow it for a vacation of our own! There is plenty of room for all four of us! My mind is racing with ideas of all the great and wonderful things that we will do together as a family... D, T, N and I. My heart is full of gratitude for all the wonderful blessings that life has given us, and especially for this opportunity.If you are reading this, please stop and take a moment to send out your intention into the Universe that Nyree and Isaiah will be ours.

2 comments:

  1. Tara, this is all simply wonderful news! I'll certainly be holding a good thought for you for your meeting. I don't blame you one little bit for being excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - I'm filling the universe with positive thoughts and hope I & N find there way to your doorstep. Love you!

    ReplyDelete