Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Eight Day Wait Begins

I went to see Andrea, my adoption agency representative, today. I had asked her to bring back my scrapbook a couple of months ago so that I could update some of the pictures, and then I never brought it back. After I got over the joy of her Red File news yesterday, I realized that she would need the book next week for the Red File meeting. I decided to take this opportunity to enumerate a few of the selling points of our family, including the following:

* Although we both work, we have super flexible jobs and would be able to change our plans at the drop of a dime, should our children need us. Dave owns his own business, for crying out loud! He can cancel an appointment anytime he wants!

* Our family is very close-knit and our children will have lots of other kids to play with. We also have a great support structure with many family members living in Phoenix area and Tucson.

* Our new nanny plan will ensure that the children get lots of one on one attention from three wonderful, caring adults. I also mentioned some of our future nanny's great experience working with kids.

* Our family embraces diversity. In fact, one of my cousins even went so far as to marry a Norwegian! This means that around the holidays, young Ferdinand and Isabella will get to sample desserts from around the world. Okay, sorry AB, I didn't actually bring this up... :)

I also discussed the possibility of making revisions to our scrapbook. Should I take out the page about travel? I wouldn't want the caseworker to think our lives are too full for kids... Andrea reassured me that my book is just fine as it is.

Many thanks to my friends who have commented and are giving positive energy to us. I've probably mentioned to the Universe about ten times today that I WANT THESE KIDS!!! Hey, Universe! Are you listening?

2 comments:

  1. Tara, marrying a Norwegian is quite scandalous, as it's something that my hubby did! Seriously though, I'm sure your book is fantastic. You are wonderful and will make a terrific mom. I'll continue to hold a good thought for you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to have these kids and you are in my prayers!!

    KM

    ReplyDelete