Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Our First Visit... and Photos!

I was totally exhausted yesterday and had no energy to post. I am totally exhausted and hungry today but I have been instructed to POST THE PHOTOS as soon as I get home! So my dear NFD, this is for you. I haven't even eaten dinner yet- that's how much I love you...

The visit went extremely well. We spent about 2 hours with the V's. At first, they were a bit shy, as many children are when meeting new people. But they let us hold them. I brought a helium balloon for each of them (this was Valentino's request) and they played with the balloons the whole time we were there. You can see balloon strings in most of the photos. (I got the go-ahead from Greg to share photos. Just don't forward them to any media outlets! Only for us!)

Here is Valentino at the beginning of the visit. A little somber, but SO CUTE!!!



We brought a copy of the scrapbook I created for our adoption agency to leave with S and P, so that they could show it to the children and remind them of who we are. We also pointed out my mom, Dave's dad, and other family members. Dave and Valentino were looking at the book while I was holding Victoria on the other side of the room. I heard Valentino say, "Daddy," and looked up to see him pointing at a page. Shocked, I asked Dave, "Did he just say...?" and Dave nodded at me with a huge grin on his face. I asked, "Is he pointing at a picture of you?" and Dave nodded again. I was less surprised by the use of the name Daddy (S and P have been reinforcing this) than by the fact that he could recognize a photo of Dave. We had only met a few minutes before!

The children warmed up to Dave quickly. This was what happened the first time Dave held Victoria.



Later, Dave was holding Valentino, and Victoria wanted some attention too, so she came over to him and threw her little arms around his leg. He reached down and scooped her up.



Here is our first family portrait.



Victoria is so adorable! She likes to open the door of this TV stand and crawl inside. Then she closes the door behind her. It is just her size. He didn't try it while we were there, but S told us that sometimes Valentino tries to climb in there with her and she kicks him right out. It's HER special place! She is a little princess.



I did pretty well with the children too, if I may pat myself on the back.



And here is Valentino at the end of the visit, cute as ever, but a bit more relaxed. A lot of people are telling me that he looks like me in this picture. What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. YESSSSS!! Look at his smile!! He already looks like you sweetie! rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I would have to agree that he shares your smile. Your babies are precious and thanks so much for sharing pictures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He DOES look like you!!! It's incredible! The one of Dave and his new baby girl is so precious :) I'm so happy for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the pictures! The kids are so cute and you can tell how relaxed everyone is by the end of the visit. I love the big smile Dave has in every picture. Victoria and Valentino are adorable. Keep posting those pictures! I am sending lots of love to you, Dave and the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are glowing!!!!! OMG I have chills, I read the next post before this one so I saw the other picture first, did not realized there were more...woohoo, they are so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah, it is crazy because the kids look like that could be your bio children...can you say....meant to be??? For sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The children are adorable!! Looking forward to following the process and welcome these children into your home. xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you!! This is such a wonderful whirlwind - enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I accidentally got on your site and since being an infertile myself too, I was curious how your story unfolds. I went back to the first posts to find out your story and see what led you to adoption. (which I was always scared to consider or think about). As I read your post, especially this one, my eyes filled up with tears and I cried like a little baby .. bc of the joy I felt for you and for your family... and for myself too. Bc thanks to you and your blog, I'm not afraid of thinking about adoption or opening up myself to it if it ever gets to that point. I am actually happy and relieved that it can be JUST as rewarding, loving and full experience as having your own biological child! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete