The second we walked in the door, Valentino saw a picture of me and Dave hanging on the wall and said, "Mommy," and pointed at the picture. I was thrilled. I pointed to Dave and said, "Who is this?" and he said, "Daddy." Sweeter words were never heard. My friends A and J gave us a silver frame engraved with the word "Family" and I had printed our first family portrait and put it in the frame. Valentino saw the picture and identified everyone in the picture. Mommy. Daddy. Victoria. Tino.
The kids LOVED the dogs! Victoria shrieked with joy at the sight of them. Of course Lucy could hardly contain herself too and had to be restrained for most of the evening.


We ate dinner together and I was thrilled to see that the children are excellent eaters. Valentino ate salad, pizza, and a little fruit. Victoria ate everything too. She ended up with a little more on her face, though...

Later, we showed them this really cool toy I bought for them on the day after I got the news that we were chosen. Valentino loved it and scooted all over the house. Victoria wanted in on the game too, but didn't care too much for the whole sharing thing. The first thing she did when seated was to try her best to kick her brother off. Eventually we distracted her by asking her to wave at us.


During dinner, P suggested that we have the children spend the night with us next. I was overjoyed! I bought a toddler bed earlier today and I assembled it as soon as they left. Then we rushed out to get the mattresses from Target (my new favorite place in the world). I will drive down to Tucson to pick up the crib from my cousin Z on Saturday, then rush back to see my babies. They'll spend Saturday night with us. WOO HOO!!!

you wanna place some bets on how many times you'll peak in on them Saturday night when they are sleeping??? Haha the first night with our kids I think it was every 10 minutes haha (just to stare at them)
ReplyDeleteSounds like everything is going beautifully! I wish you a joyful Saturday with your kiddos and like the previous comment...you'll be tossed between exhausted but nervous/excited and be wanting to check on them often. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Yeah! That is wonderful. I am so excited. I guess I don;t have to ask what you will be having for breakfast on Sunday :-) I love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteI know today is going great! Hope you are having fun!
ReplyDelete