Friday, January 15, 2010

We Choose Them

The Paper Staffing went extremely well today. The more we learned about the children, the more comfortable we felt that this was meant to be. They are healthy and happy and they are dearly loved by their foster parents. We saw pictures of them, and they are really, really cute. We asked lots and lots of questions. The foster family really liked us too. At the end of the meeting, they told us they are so happy that they found the perfect family for their beloved children.

We were instructed that we are not allowed to make our decision for at least 24 hours, so we can call Greg, their caseworker, anytime tomorrow after 3:30 to let him know we are moving forward. We solemnly agreed that we would sleep on it and make our decision tomorrow. Then when we got to the parking lot, Dave came over to me and put his arms around me and said, "I'm all in." I said, "Me too! Me too!" and the decision was made.

I am emotionally drained. My face hurts from smiling so much. Tonight we will relax and have our date night, and tomorrow I will write a longer, detailed post. I just wanted all of you to know that we're going to be parents. Rejoice!

4 comments:

  1. I am crying!!!!!!!! I am beyond happy for you! Ooh we can have play dates =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I'm so very, very happy for you! Can't wait to hear more! Enjoy your ride on Cloud 9. (Oh, and thanks for posting tonight.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara and Dave - my face hurts form smiling too! I don't know who is more blessed - you both or the children!

    Love, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Dave told you "I'm all in". Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete