This is a huge decision. Should we proceed with the adoption, these two little people will be living in our home for at least the next eighteen years. We will be responsible for their health, their education, their happiness, and their lives. While this is something we have both wanted for a long time, it is not a decision we take lightly.
After the meeting, we want to take some time to just be with each other and digest everything we have learned. We'll have a "date night," possibly one of our last few date nights for quite some time. We'll talk about our future and we will make our decision together at some point over the next few days. Much as we value input from our loved ones, we are the ones who will raise these children and we must take this next step ourselves. So thank you all in advance for your love and support and well wishes, and we know you will be by our sides no matter what happens. I am so deeply grateful for this.
I don't know whether I'll have time to post tonight, but I definitely will let you all know once our final decision has been made, and of course I will keep you posted on what the next steps are. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything goes really well at the staffing.

thinking about you today!!! We are leaving early tomorrow morning to California for our Disneyland trip for Sunday...if I don't get a chance to check, it will be the first thing I do Monday evening...again prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! How exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you will know exactly what to do and I do know everything works out perfectly how it should be. You are in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteLove you.........Katie