Thursday, January 28, 2010

More On the V's

Tonight we went over to the abuelos to see the children again. At first Victoria was a little shy, but she warmed up quickly and was tumbling and playing and having lots of fun. Valentino is very attached to his daddy. He asks for Dave all the time, according to S. I observed this also when they were at our home. During the times when I was alone with the children (Dave had to get some work done) he asked me several times, "Where's Daddy?" and then when Dave returned, he shouted, "Daddy! Daddy!"

We will have the children over to spend the night again tomorrow night. Their caseworker, Greg, will come over to observe the interaction between us and the children. If he feels we are on track, he will give his stamp of approval for the V's to move in on Friday the 5th.

I am pretty tired right now but I did want to share a few photos.

This is on Sunday morning. I tried to sneak into their room to take a picture of Valentino sleeping, but he was already awake. He saw me, and at first he was a little sleepy:



But I smiled at him, and told him, "Good morning," in a sing-songy voice, and a big smile spread over his little face.



Victoria is Little Miss Active. She is constantly on the go and wants to explore everything. We got this swing as a gift from my cousin Z, and she wanted to climb into it. But once she was in it, she wanted to get down again. Note the look of determination on her face.



I love her funny little expressions. She makes this little O with her mouth all the time. It looks like she is pretending to be surprised. I miss them so much and I can't wait for them to come and live with me.



In all the commotion this weekend, there was someone who didn't get enough attention as she would have liked, so she moped around a little bit.



On Sunday we will have our toddler shower with my family. I am really looking forward to this. Everyone in my family has been so supportive and wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. awe the doggie..mine were the same way, it was such a change. All is good now =)

    your kids are so stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun... I love the pics. They are adorable. We are so excited for Sunday! Love you! - MFB

    ReplyDelete