I had a tough day yesterday. But I'm feeling better today. People came out of the woodwork to give me encouragement, some of whom I didn't realize were following my blog. After I posted last night, I decided to re-read my book of letters to the Universe. If you don't remember, look at this post.
My book is full of love and thoughtfulness and inspiration. As I savored each page, I took a moment to reflect on the people who wrote those beautiful words for me. I cried, of course, as I do every time I read the book. But I found bits of hope and inspiring quotes that lifted my spirits, including the following:
* One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a long time.
* Trust that the universe is creating something beautiful for you both (that's why it's taking a while)...
* ...a candle will be lit at our house for Tara and Dave and their child(ren) who will grow into a miraculous family
* ... My hope carries me and places me on the sweetest lap of the unknown...
These words and many others reminded me that whether or not Ferdinand and Isabella come to join our family... even if we never have any children at all... I have so much love in my life, overflowing, unconditional, everlasting love.
So I will wait for Tuesday with as much patience as I have in me. And I will be grateful for the love I have in my life. I will hold out hope that the people who will make this decision will look at our family and see a happy and loving home for these two children. I will re-read my book each day. And I'll enjoy this weekend with my husband, possibly the last weekend we have together before our lives change forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sorry we have not connected. I am also having trouble sleeping and wished that we were having a slumber party tonight. It is a rollercoaster for sure, and I think some more passengers are about to get in your little car. What a ride! -MFB
ReplyDelete