I didn't think that on the second day of this adventure, I would already be out of ideas as to what to write about. Yet here I am, asking myself, "Why did I sign up to blog every day for a month?"
Okay- I will share some funny things that Tino has said recently. It used to be that if I gave him a legitimate reason why he couldn't have what he wanted, then he would accept that. For instance, "We don't have any goldfish crackers in the car, honey." Or "We don't throw things because someone could get hurt." But now, he wants to argue with even the most well-thought out reasoning.
In the car:
V: Mommy, I want my window down.
Me: No, honey, we can't put the window down on the freeway. When we get off the freeway, I will put your window down.
V: Why, Mommy? Why?
Me: Because the wind is too loud and it hurts Mommy's ears.
(Pause)
V: Mama, I want to hurt your ears. Please, Mama, PLEASE.
How do I argue with that one?
Here is another one that really cracked me up. Also in the car... that is where we have our most stimulating conversations.
V: I want to talk to Abuela. (Except he pronounces it "Aguela.")
Me: Okay, honey, let's call her. (I call her and get her answering machine and leave a message) Sorry, love, Abuela is not home right now.
V: Where is she?
Me: I don't know, honey.
V: Aguela went to work?
Me: No, honey, Abuela is not at work (she doesn't have a job)
V: Her went to get my 'Guelo?
Me: Maybe that's what she's doing, honey. (This is a more likely possibility- they have only one vehicle and she usually transports him to and from work.)
V: Aguela buying more Cheetos?
She gave them Cheetos the last time they were at her house- apparently it made quite an impression on them. I told Abuela about this conversation and she found it just as hilarious as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment