Today we slept until 8:30 a.m. We did not wake up to the sound of anyone crying, asking for milk, or requesting to watch TV. We just... woke up, together.
We had a leisurely breakfast that lasted almost two and a half hours.
We watched an R-rated movie.
We went shopping in stores that had fragile items on display, with no concern about breaking things that we would then have to pay for.
We ate at a restaurant and ordered our drinks before our meal. No one filled up on lemonade and then refused to eat their meal.
Getting in or out of the car only took about 15 seconds.
We went into a candy store, looked at all kinds of candy and popcorn, and left without buying anything.
We went to the restroom by ourselves.
We enjoyed each other's company and carried on many conversations without interruptions.
And everywhere we went, we thought about our little V's. We wondered what they were up to with their Nana and Tia. We asked each other things like, "Do you think he would like this?" or "This shirt would look really cute on her, don't you think?" We talked about how they would enjoy various activities in this quaint little town we're visiting. We bought presents for them. We started planning our Christmas festivities for our first year as a family of four.
It was fun to get away. And it will be fun to come home too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I laughed when I read about your trip to the candy store. I asked Tino what his favorite 5 things were (why 5, I have no idea) and he quickly responded with the first two: Pancakes and Candy. I asked him to name three more and he looked around, spotted the fence and said... "hmmmmm....fence." :-) He is so cute. Love you! MFB
ReplyDelete