Monday, November 22, 2010

More Laundry Mishaps

One thing I do love about my husband is that he never gives me a hard time about accidentally damaging, defacing, or breaking things around the house.  I think this is in part because he is such a capable handyman that there really isn't anything to be broken that isn't fairly easily repaired.

Backed into the door while dying my hair, leaving an ugly brown splotch on the white paint?  No big deal. He shrugs and says, "We needed to paint that door anyway."

Stepped on a tile in exactly the wrong spot and cracked it?  He remarks, "If Eduardo (the previous owner of our house) had done a better job laying that tile, you wouldn't have been able to break it."  Nice!  Let's blame Eduardo.  (We often do.)

So when I recently did a load of laundry with a crayon in the pocket of my jeans, causing a lot of clothing (mostly mine and the kids) to be stained and the inside of the dryer to be coated with red streaks, he didn't have much to say about that other than, "Maybe Windex will take it out."

And because he is so forgiving of my many errors and mishaps, I couldn't really say much when I came home today and he said he was going to vacuum out the washing machine because somehow a diaper had been included in a load of the kids' laundry.  Now of course I was thinking in the back of my mind, A DIAPER?!?  How on earth do you fail to notice a diaper when you are loading up the washing machine?  But then I remembered that he didn't ask me WHY on earth I had put a crayon in my pocket.  And actually, there was a part of me that was secretly thrilled that for once the family bone-head was Dave and not me.

So we both learned a lot about the inner contents of a diaper today.  It was one of Tino's nighttime pull-ups, so thankfully there was no *solid matter* in it when he threw it into his laundry hamper.

Diapers.  I think I'll be pretty happy when we don't have any more of those in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Preachin' to the choir! I will be so glad to be over the whole diaper time... although I will miss my cuddler baby.

    Windex is amazing! FWIW, it will remove ball point pen and dry erase marker from your furniture.

    ReplyDelete